And so it begins.



Disclaimer: Y'all. I know I posted this in April. Don't let the "posted in October" thing throw you off. You are 100% correct, I am a quitter. Here's the thing: in designing this blog, I needed a sample post to play with so that I could see my code/selections and how they were playing out, so I used the old post. Since finishing (for now) the basic design features, I figured I'd leave this here permanently since I abandoned the original blog. It was cramping my style. So yes, this post is like six months old. Just do me a favor and pretend like it's not. You're the best.


I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve been told to start a blog. It’s got to be in the single digits by now. Maybe even the tens. That’s the kind of high roller I am.
Seriously, it’s been mentioned to me a number of times that people would like to see a blog from me. I’m not going to tell you what people because I’m sure you’d critique their judgment harshly, but for the record: it was not my mother. I’m relatively certain she doesn’t know what a blog is, and on the off chance that she does, I’m positive she wouldn’t understand why I would have one. Actually, were she to discover that I’m writing about my life on the internet (the horror), I’m sure she’d be concerned about the skyrocketing chances of my family being stalked, maimed, murdered too “public.”
What should I be doing instead of writing a blog? Oh, I guess I could clean. I could do laundry. I could organize my pantry. Put some of the baby’s toys away. Cook dinner. I could finish my dang kitchen renovation. I could make Pinterest inspired goodie bags for all my neighbors and all their friends and friends’ friends. I could volunteer at the animal shelter or I could probably pick up the dog poop in my own backyard. And yet instead, I’m here on my couch writing about all the things I could be doing. I know what you’re thinking, my blog reading friend, so I’ll go ahead and say it: you’re welcome.
So: will you stay tuned? Will you check back religiously for updates and wait with bated breath as I regale you with the riveting and critical moments of my life as a twentysomething wife, mom, sister, daughter, chef, chauffeur, maid, gardener, diaper changer, human jungle gym, and generally normal human? I mean, I guess that’s for you to decide.
I will tell you, however, that I will attempt to keep you entertained at the very least. So good luck to both of us on this little endeavor: here’s to hoping that I give it the old college try and that you don’t die of boredom/irritation/awestruck wonder in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment